Tuesday 24 April 2012



Soar Legs Athletics Team was probably a name asking for trouble.

I did it! - The London Marathon

My Quads though hurt from the word go - seemed to be muscle pain memory from previous runs, it was as if they were saying, hang on I recognise this, not I think we should go home! Anyway I didn't let this stop me and I enjoyed every minute of it. I came in 4.20 which I was quite happy with, not my PB but given the 37500 people including the following ones I passed which included Hula Hoop girl, 3 legged men, pantomime horse, Womble and at least 2 nudes (both guys alas) I was quite delighted.
Now back at work and back in glorious sunny Soar Mill Cove.

A mention must be made however for the very sad loss of such a young person - Claire Squires 30y who died within the last mile or so of the finish.
We send her family our sincere good wishes and respect

Thanks to my darling family, Jenny, Becky Makepeace, Maria, Matthew, not forgetting Becky's great boyfriend Tom.

Thanks also to Shirley Marsh for my pre race massage and Soar Mill Cove's personal trainer Joey Rossi for my pre race training and the generous loan of him by his lovely girlfriend

I’m not entirely convinced that tomorrows post run massage from Shirley in The Ocean Spa is going to be completely painless however!
I apologise in advance to the guests in the nearby rooms for the screaming.

No comments: